Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Entry into River to Rooftop (Event), a fun stair climb event to be hosted by Women’s Legal Service (Event Organiser) at One One One Eagle Street, Brisbane (Event Location) on Friday 30 July, 2021 (Event Day), is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entries close online at www.rivertorooftop.com.au on Thursday 29 July at midday 2021, or earlier in accordance with clause 5 below.
- All entrants must complete and submit an online entry form, pay the applicable entry fee (Entry Fee) at the time of entering and wear at all times during the Event the official 2021 race number with timing device supplied to each entrant that has been accepted and registered by the Event Organiser.
- Entry is not transferable and is only valid for the person whose name and address details are listed in the entry form. All entrants acknowledge any attempt to transfer an entry or allow another person to participate in the Event under the entrant’s name without the Event Organiser’s knowledge may void any applicable insurance and the entrant will be disqualified from the Event resulting in no recorded race time.
- A limited number of entrants will be accepted for participation in the Event. Once capacity is exhausted, entries will close and any entries received after this time will not be able to be processed and will be notified by the Event Organiser.
- Each entrant acknowledges insurance may be in place that may provide limited cover to entrants while they are participating in the Event. Entrants understand this insurance will not cover them for all personal injuries, death and/or damage sustained during the Event. Entrants also acknowledge they may be able to, in their own interests and at their own expense, seek and obtain personal insurance in addition to any cover provided by the Event Organiser.
- To qualify as a finisher, each entrant must assemble behind the designated start line at their allocated start time, await official start, and then finish the stair climb course. Entry into the course by an entrant prior to the official start will result in disqualification for that entrant, resulting in no recorded race time.
- Each entrant acknowledges participation in the Event can be inherently dangerous and they are exposed to certain risks during the Event, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, property damage and property loss.
- Each entrant acknowledges that at the time of the Event, they must be, medically and physically fit for the Event. Each entrant also agrees that they will not participate in the Event if, on the Event Day, they are aware that they are not medically and physically fit for the Event, or if they are aware that they have an illness, injury or any other physical disability or impairment which may cause personal injury, death and/or property damage to them or anyone else while participating in the Event. If the entrant is unwell or shows any symptoms of COVID-19 they agree not to attend the event.
- Each entrant will provide via the online entry form or otherwise, details of any medical or physical condition that may affect their performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed. Each entrant accepts all risks of participating despite their medical and/or physical condition and forever releases and indemnifies, to the fullest extent permitted by law: the Event Organiser; Sports Event Services; any Event sponsors; all Event volunteers; the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which any part of the Event is conducted; any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which any part of the Event is conducted; the related bodies corporate of any of the aforementioned parties and their officers, employees, members and/or contractors; and any other person from and against all claims (including in negligence), loss (including consequential loss) and/or costs (including legal costs, whether or not legal proceedings are instituted), arising out of, or in connection with, the entrant’s participation in the Event, including any Event competitions and/or prize draws.
- If the release and indemnity provisions as stated in clause 10 are determined to be void or unenforceable, each entrant forever releases and indemnifies, to the fullest extent permitted by the law: the Event Organiser; the Event Manager; any Event sponsors; all Event volunteers; the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which any part of the Event is conducted; any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which any part of the Event is conducted; and the related bodies corporate of any of the aforementioned parties and their officers, employees, members and/or contractors, against all death or personal injury claims (including in negligence) arising out of, or in connection with, the entrant’s participation in the Event.
- Each entrant consents to receiving any medical treatment, including, but not limited to, ambulance transportation, the Event Organiser considers necessary or desirable during or after the Event. In the event of an emergency, the entrant authorises their personal details to be shared with all appropriate parties, including, but not limited to, the Event Organiser, Event Manager, medical staff and the entrant’s emergency contact. The Event Organiser and/or Event Manager has the right to contact the entrant or their listed emergency contact as they consider necessary or desirable during or after the Event.
- Each entrant acknowledges it is their responsibility to ensure they are appropriately hydrated while participating in the Event.
- Each entrant acknowledges their Entry Fee and donations are not refundable, except as required by law.
- Each entrant acknowledges that they have sole responsibility for their personal possessions and athletic equipment during the Event and related activities. The Event Organiser and any Event sponsors are not liable for any damaged/lost goods.
- All entrants must wear their 2021 official race number (which will contain the timing device). Without this race number, entrants will not be allowed to start the Event, and will not receive a race time. Entrants must not tamper with the timing device strips on the back of the race number as they may destroy the timing technology and, in such circumstances, will not receive an official race time.
- Each entrant consents to, without being compensated in any way, the publication and/or use of, in any form of media and marketing whatsoever by the Event Organiser, Event Manager or any Event sponsors, their name, image, voice, race number, statements, and photographs and films of them taken by the Event Organiser or its contractors, in any context pertaining to the Event or otherwise before, during or after the Event for advertising, promotions or otherwise. Each entrant’s race time will be published online, accessible via link the www.rivertorooftop.com.au website. The Event Organiser does not take any responsibility for the information that search engines store.
- Each entrant understands they are required to arrive at the Event Location prior to their official start time to collect their Event day packs (including official race number with attached timing device).
- Each entrant understands they can only participate in the category in which they register, and that entrants will be disqualified if they compete in a category other than the category in which they are registered.
- Entrants can enter a team with a minimum of 4 participants in the Event. Entry forms for each team member must be sent or delivered at the same time, with sufficient payment to cover all team members.
- To be eligible to win the 1st, 2nd or 3rd team category all team members must run in their own race number. If a team member runs in the Event using another team member’s race number, the team will be disqualified. Team category winners will be based on the top four fastest times within a team.
- To be eligible to register in the Elite category in 2021, male and female entrants must have substantial physical fitness and be capable of climbing 1,000 stairs in 8 minutes.
- If an entrant is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian of the entrant must accept and agree to these terms and conditions for the entrant. In such circumstances, the parent/guardian is also responsible for the health and safety of the entrant competing in the Event at all times.
- Pets, except guide dogs, are not permitted. Entrants who have assistance animals, excluding guide dogs, are required to contact the Event Organiser.
- Entrants are not permitted to push strollers, wheelchairs or similar devices in stairwell. Any entrants using walking aids like crutches are required to contact the Event Organiser.
- To meet the stairwell closure re-opening schedule, Event cut off times will apply. To ensure the safety of all entrants, any entrant who is unable to meet the Event course cut off times will not be permitted to remain in the stairwell. These entrants will be requested to exit at the next appropriate floor and will be escorted to the finish site.
- All entrants acknowledge they will abide by any reasonable directions issued by the Event Organiser, Event Manager and the Police.
- All entrants acknowledge that the Event Organiser or the Event Manager may remove the entrant from the Event area and/or exclude the entrant from participation in the Event:
a) if the entrant’s behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive;
b) to prevent damage to any property;
c) on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to the entrant or any other person); or
d) to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
- The entrant acknowledges that the Event Organiser may collect personal information about entrants, including the information they provide upon entry, and may enter the entrant’s personal details contained on the entry form into a database which will be used for the administration of the Event. The Event Organiser collects this information for the purpose of processing entries, providing services to entrants, facilitating the Event Organiser’s internal business operations (including the fulfilment of any legal requirements) and analysing the Event Organiser’s services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services. The Event Organiser also uses each entrant’s personal information to provide entrants with information about other services the Event Organiser offers that may be of interest to entrants (Secondary Purpose).
- At any time entrants may notify the Event Organiser they do not want the Event Organiser to use their personal information for the Secondary Purpose by contacting the Event Organiser by any of the following methods
Mail: PO Box 119, Annerley QLD 4103.
Please allow a reasonable time for your preference to be implemented
- Unless the entrant has indicated that they do not agree to receive notifications on their entry form, the entrant also acknowledges that they may receive Event information from the Event Organiser by SMS and email.
- If the personal information entrants provide to the Event Owner or Event Organiser is incomplete and/or inaccurate, the Event Organiser may be unable to process their entry and/or be unable to provide entrants with the services they are seeking.
- Entrants who register online will be directed to fundraise towards Women’s Legal Service via the Funraisin platform. Donations made to River to Rooftop entrants are non-refundable. Funraisin (www.funraisin.co) is an online fundraising platform owned and operated by a third party. By registering, the entrant grants to the Event Organiser the right to transfer their name, email and phone number to the Funraisin River to Rooftop event page where they can then begin fundraising on their charity page. Funraisin is bound by data protection regulations and have no rights to use your personal information submitted on the rivertorooftop.com.au website for any activity other than supporting Women's Legal Service in the management of the website.